”The God Father” is a classic of underworld mafia. I don’t know what to say about this book. It is excellent,well written nothing can be compared to this. This is epic! This book started my long running obsession with Mafia.I haven’t watched the movie yet, I heard it is good too.
Everyone already knows the general plot of the Godfather so I am not going to drag it. Its about a man with power and a clear motive, Don Vito Corleone, totally love him. Sonny, Michael, Vito, Lucca Brazzi, Peter Clemenza were also great. This book is a moving puzzle. You are so confused about who is back biting who. Puzo’s novel brings to life the Corleone family and their tradition.
The Godfather is, in many ways, not just a novel – it is an experience. If you haven’t read it please read it. I am planning to watch the movie soon to give it some extra effect. My rating is 4 out of 5. I wanted to give 5 but then in some places I felt the story is been dragged too much!
Some Dashing dialogues from the book:
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
- “Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold.”
- “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.”
- “The man with the briefcase can steal more money than the man with the gun.”
- “Italians have a little joke, that the world is so hard a man must have two fathers to look after him, and that’s why they have godfathers.”